Playing board games entertain and brings people together through competitive and cooperative gameplay. However, board games offer a lot more than just entertainment.
Here’s the top health benefits of board games from Health Fitness Revolution:
- Have fun and feel good. One of the effects of playing board games is laughter and it has be found out that this increases endorphins. This chemical in our body is known to elevate the feeling of happiness
- Family time. Nowadays spending an uninterrupted time with your family may be quite impossible given the different schedules each family member has. Yet playing board games after a family dinner is one excellent way to get together and strengthen your family bond.
- Memory formation and cognitive skills. The areas of the brain that are responsible for complex thought and memory formation are the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex. These parts most benefits when playing board games.o get together and strengthen your family bond.
- Reduces risks for mental diseases.Playing board games keeps your mind engaged by exercising it and building it stronger. It’s good to note that stronger brain has lower risks of cognitive decline.
- Lowers blood pressure. As playing board games effects to laughing and endorphins. This things can help lower or maintain blood pressure.
- Speed up your response. In a study at the University of Toronto, they found out that students who regularly played video games were far quicker in locating than those who don’t. Get yourself into board games and sometime soon, you’ll be able to find those hard-to-find car keys without searching the whole house.
- Reduce stress. According to an online survey by RealNetworks, Inc., 64% of the respondents said they play games to unwind and relax. 53% play to relieve stress.
- Grows your immune system. Research shows that negative thoughts and feelings can reduce the ability to fight disease whilst positive thoughts and feelings. The enjoyment and laughter you get from playing board games prevents effects with the chemicals being released by the body.
- Child development. Playing board games help children develop their logic and reasoning skills, improve critical thinking and boost spatial reasoning. The ability to concentrate and focus for a longer period of time is also developed with just playing board games.
- Therapy treatment. Most types of board games require players to use fine motor skills to pick up or move pieces which are actions that both involves coordination and dexterity. And have been found out that can really be helpful when added to occupational therapy treatments.
Games like Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble and Viticulture to name a few provide real life information and knowledge in a gamified way. We’ve used this thinking with our new How Game Are You? editions so that people learn from their own responses from each others view points. Also gain more understanding on the topic and get to enhance their lives going forward through having these ‘Real Life Conversations’ that are often never had. Its knowledge, interaction, understanding and skills to carry forward.
The first 2 games are around ‘Couples and Money’ and ‘Couples and Intimacy’. How Game Are You? Couples Intimacy Edition is now available through our website, Amazon (US and AU) and Ebay (AU). You can order your own copy of the game now and be one of the first to receive it.
Further perspectives/ benefits